Our mission, strategies and values have been, and will remain, the keys to the success of our businesses. The mission of Altria Group is to own and develop financially disciplined businesses that are leaders in responsibly providing adult tobacco and wine consumers with superior branded products. We are deeply committed to achieving the goals of this mission, but at the same time, we recognize that it is critically important to our success to adhere to a fundamental set of values that guide how we do our work.
We are driving change in the tobacco industry and are focused on the following areas:
Investing in Leadership
- Over the last 10 years, Altria and its companies have made more than $1.3 billion in cash and in-kind contributions to hundreds of non-profit organizations.
- Altria's employees, family and friends volunteered 30,000 hours through company-sponsored service events in communities across the country.
- Altria’s companies’ executives contributed their time and expertise by serving on the boards of 54 non-profit organizations.
Aligning with Society
- Altria Group and its operating companies supported federal regulation of tobacco products.
- Employees of Altria's companies participated in over 24,500 hours of compliance training in 2011.
- PM USA, USSTC and Middleton support the Coalition for Responsible Tobacco Retailing (CRTR) and its We Card® program. CRTR works with retailers to prevent tobacco sales to underage purchasers, and has distributed more than 1.8 million We Card training kits since the program’s inception.
- In 2010, PM USA was recognized at the prestigious Global Water Intelligence Awards in Paris, France. The award was given by the publisher of the Global Water Intelligence Report and owner of the website ww.globalwaterintel.com and was presented by Queen Noor of Jordan.
Satisfying Adult Consumers
- Marlboro Snus offers consumers a spit-free, smokeless alternative.
- Skoal is the innovation leader in the Moist Smokeless Tobacco Category with 23 different varieties, including Fine Cut, Long Cut and pouches.
- John Middleton launched Black & Mild Wood Tip in 2008 to further broaden the brand’s appeal.
Creating Substantial Value for Shareholders
- In 2011, PM USA's retail cigarette share was 49.0%.
- In 2011 John Middleton's total retail share was 29.8%.
- Altria's total shareholder return in 2010 was 32.9%, outpacing the S&P 500's total return of 14.8% for the eleventh straight year."
Every day, we are faced with big challenges. But with that comes big opportunities. We need people who are eager for opportunities to test their talents, tackle challenging objectives, and are ready to lead from day one.
To learn more about Altria Group’s mission
, goals and values
, download our Mission and Values Card
If an Altria family of companies
representative gave you a
you are in the right place!
Look inside the card and type the
access code in the field below.